My original plans for this look were to have a shimmery lid and a darker colour on the outer edge.
This failed, mainly because I don't use a primer when I'm practicing and the shimmery colour didn't show up so I decided to layer my shadows and see what would get me.
So, here we go..this is what I used:
(The MAC is a 239, NOT a 230..which doesn't exist)
This is what I got..
How did I do it?
- Stroke the MAC brush in the dark brown eyeshadow and apply it all over the lid..blend it as well as you can.
- Get the Boots brush and blend it in a bit more so that the edges are soft..it's pretty easy to blend.
- Clean the Boots brush on a tissue and pick up the glittery shade and apply it all over your lid. You can either apply it in sections and blend or apply it in layers and blend.
- Whack on your mascara, it doesn't matter if you get some on the lid because..
- Apply your liquid liner. I find that doing a thin line first and then building it up is the best way to get a decent thick line.
Anyone else ever tried layering shadows before? I think I might do this for some of my other palettes..