I was trying to just improve my blending skills but I ended up with a very nice smoked out cats eye.
Here's what progressed..
It happened totally by accident! Firstly, here's what I used:
Jessica Nails. First ever manicure baby and it's still holding up today. Two nails got slightly smudged and one is a total fail but from a distance of about a foot, you can't tell!
Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I used the top brush for the lid colour and the bottom brush for the feline aspect.
Oh, by the way, I didn't use any UDPP because mine has totally dried out and I was only messring around with the shadows, the Stila shadows in this palette are surprisingly pigmented and came up really well on my skin considering how light they looked in the palette.
This is how I got the look:
- Load the top brush up with the lid colour and apply it to the lid and blend it out upwards, make sure though that you don't get it under ALL of the brow, you just want to cover the lid and blend it up to the outer edge of your brow (have a look at the pics and you see what I mean).
- Load the bottom brush up with the darker colour and tap off any excess (you can see some excess from the white/pink colour but I can remove that easily).
- Stroke the brush across half of your upper lashline and then JUST under your socket bone/line.
- At this stage it should look like a backwards C.
- Blend the darker colour along the lines that you applied it.
- Once it has been blended in, add some more and blend again.
- Add some more colour to your bottom brush (but not as much as you had before) and gently fill in the space of the C.
- If you've added too much, blend the middle of the C out, too much colour in there will make it look silly, you want the outer part of the C to look darkest.
I used to think that this look was really hard to achieve but if I can manage it whilst watching Shameless, anybody can!
I'm quite impressed with the results, mainly how bloody gorgeous that black Stila eyeshadow is, it's super easy to blend and there is practically no fallout.
One eye took me about 5-ish minutes to do.
How many of you watch Shameless? Who's your favourite character annnnnnnnnnnd what looks have you been trying out recently? I want to know so I can take inspriation (read: copy)