Friday 6 May 2011

Armani Code and a ramble about my perfume history

Back in the day, it was all about having the perfume that was en vogue, personal taste didn't even come into it.  This explains how I ended up with a bottle of CK1 that had turned green because I was too scared of wasting it.  Leaving it on my desk in direct sunlight was a must though, so that people who came around were fully aware that I had the perfume du jour.

If you had a whiff of me betwee 1998 and 2000, Tommy Girl would be what assaulted your olfactory senses.  It was my GCSE perfume.  The smell is too sweet for me now but it always brings back good memories, especially seeing my friend break her leg trying to impress the guy who is now her husband.

Anyway, back to Armani Code.

The official word from Armani regarding the scent is that the heart notes are Orange Blossom, the top notes are Jasmine and Orange and the base notes are Vanilla and Honey.

You can definitely smell the orange-ness.  You know when someone peels an orange on the Tube and you instantly smell orange? It's not like that..it's more of a refined orange smell.  I definitely smell a little bit of jasmine and the more you sniff, the more you are able to smell vanilla.  To me, honey smells like stale piss so thankfully, I can't smell any of that!

This is also a pretty good dupe for Dior Addict.  I did some blind testing with my cousin and she couldn't tell the difference at all!

I'm notorious for having smells vanish on my body, I don't know what it is but my body just rejects scented perfumes (er...like you can buy unscented perfume you dunce!)  This, however, lasts from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m.

My only point of annoyance is the lid.  I'd like to just be able to plonk it on and be done with it but you have to make sure you get it on at the correct angle so that you can click it down and make it secure.

You can buy it from all the usual suspects, here's the link (non affiliate) to Boots.  I've just seen on there that they also have a limited edition addition to the Armani "olfactive wardrobe" which is a Summer version of this.  That bottle reminds me more of Winter than Summer though..  I'm not sure if the smell is the same as this but that one is on offer at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails