Friday 19 November 2010

The perfect eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes

It's well known around these parts that I am against liquid eye makeup removers.  This is from bitter past experience where liquid ones have stung me silly or given me fuzzy vision.

Such was my dislike of them that I wouldn't even buy the infamous Botanics remover.

Then along came Purity Organic Skincare with the Conditioning Cleansing Lotion.  Their whole premis is clear in their name, they do pure, organic skincare.  This is something I never really paid much attention to in the past, if something worked, it worked..regardless of the chemicals it had it now but now, I'm rethinking this as it may have advserse effects that only materialise in the future.

I was planning on giving it to a cousin when I discovered that my beloved eye makeup remover pads contained the evil that is mineral oil.  You can see the bind I was in..I'd be damned if I'd use a liquidy remover and I'd be damned if I used mineral oils.  I bit the bullet and chucked the pads away.

The instructions advise being liberal with it but me having been scarred before started small and got bigger and bolder.  I was very apprehensive about using this so initially I put it around the outer edges of the eyes (the lids and the brow) and then I moved in nearer to the actual eye.

Did it sting? No.  Did I feel uncomfortable? No.  I added enough to take my makeup off and then some, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  I kept it on for ages.  I removed my makeup in the shower (I wanted to give it a thorough testing as I do with all things I call HG).  No adverse reaction at all.  AT ALL. 

I can't stress how brilliant this is for sensitive eyes, I've used it time and time again in the same way and each time it's been as gentle as a gentle thing.  I am so glad that this is another HG item I can tick off the list.  I used to think that if the area near my eyes was oily, it would help moisturise them, this however, manages to moisturise my eyes more, has no nasties in it and doesn't leave them feeling greasy.

It's budget friendly too, retailing at £4.99, you can buy it from Superdrug.

5 comments:

  1. I made my first foray into eye makeup remover this week.. I'm still on the fence atm. I've always found babywipes easier to use and they don't mess with my eyes either, I have freakishly senstive eyes.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this sounds promising! since finding my beloved nude oil cleanser i was nt in need of a seperate eye makeup remover because it doubled up as one and then there is Talika by far the best eye makeup remover in a gel formula that got rid of waterproof mascara and layers of shadow effortlessly. Tho costs £14 - i know!

    So how well does it take off makeup and how easily?? i may have to give this ago as its much more budget friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this product sounds great. i use the avene gentle eye makeup remover.its amazing too.I dont think the product tat u have mentioned in this post will be avaiable in india :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Persephone: I have a post on here called something like "what happens when you blind yourself", that is what the evil baby wipes did to me..and they contain mineral oil! I've been using pads, I've used liquid and I've used cream, this is the best I have ever used so I'm sticking to it!

    Amina: This is just as good at getting rid of waterproof stuff, I will do a post showing how quickly it takes makeup off. Considering the price, I don't think you could do better.

    Indianmakeupways: You could have a look, you never know! You might be able to order online. I have always wanted to try Avene products but I never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. new blog follower ♥

    ohh i think i will have to try this!! :-)I have very sensitive eyes it drives me crazy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails