Sunday 5 September 2010

Tuesday, 5 September 2000

This day 10 years ago, I met Simon.

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I first saw the boy.  He however, is adamant that it feels like longer.  (Git)

I'd like to say it was an instant attraction but it wasn't.  

It was my first ever AS Sociology lesson and I was made to sit next to the new boy.  I still remember what I was wearing.  Jeans, Kickers a Snoopy top (which I still have) and a Nike hoody.

The two girls who my "friends" were jealous that I got to sit next to the hot guy.  I didn't see the fascination because he certainly wasn't good looking.

He was sarcastic and rude.  Come the end of the lesson, I was properly annoyed by him and he wouldn't shut up.  I took my Verve CD out of my bag and he shut up.  Then I decided to show him the Snoopy top..and someone thought I was flashing him.  He likes to think that set the tone for our relationship, boob flashing and music.

We got to talking about them and the friendship grew from there and he realised that I could be just as rude and sarcastic as him.

A few years down the line, he asked me out, I said yes.  A few more years down the line, he asked me to marry him and I said yes. My mum and his mum are the only ones getting ants in their pants about wedding dates, venues and outfits.

I still wonder to this day, had I not taken that CD out of my bag, would we be where we are?

Someone asked me recently what it is that Simon gives me that nobody else has ever been able to.  I think the best answer to that is "peace of mind".  He's the first and only boyfriend I've had who doesn't give it for an easy life.  When I'm wrong, he waits until I apologise to him..which is a lot more often than I'd care to admit.  He is one of the very few people who sees the true me.  I can ask him all amount of stupid questions and he always has a sensible answer.  We have sensible conversations which is another thing I love about him, he is SMART.  Whenever I get stuck on something, he has a way of dumbing it down so I can understand it.  We have a secret code language which developed totally by chance but we stick to it.  He makes me cry with laughter with the things he does and regardless of how often I see him, I always smile like an idiot when I spot him in a sea of human traffic.

I like to think that over time, I have made him more like me..but in all honesty, I think he's made me more like him, which isn't a bad thing.

I've scheduled this post as we will be away for our "anniversary weekend", as I write this I'm trying to figure out what he's got planned as I hate being in the dark!

I still can't get my head around the fact that we still know each other 10 years later, which just goes to show..the best things can come from the most mundane.

8 comments:

  1. aww! what a lovely story! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely post!

    Happy anniversary =)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post was very sweet....:)
    would like to read more posts like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg love this post :)
    http://beeroyal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahwww how cute is your story. Happy anniversary, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely post...congrats on your anniversary I wish you two every happiness in teh future and well done for coming thsi far! x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails