Tuesday 27 July 2010

Budget Friendly Eye Roll-On Courtesy of Tesco

Tesco have decided that they want a piece of the "eye roll on" pie and have come out with their very own version.
The new contender to the crown currently held by Garnier is Tesco's Derma Intensive Eye Revival Roll On.

I was sent this a while ago and I've given it a fair whack.

In all fairness, it's not that great..

One problem I had with my Garnier roll on was that if I used it after my moisturiser, it would mix with the moisturiser and turn a bit creamy so I was hoping this would be different.

It was, but not in a good way.

The liquid is a bit reluctant to come out and you have to roll it on the back of your hand a fair few times to get some liquid to the top.

I tried shaking it in the hope it would wake the liquid up..it didn't work.

It also hurt me a few times, I can't explain how exactly but it was painful to apply, maybe because you had to push harder to get some liquid out.

You know when boxers are in their corners being tended to between rounds and they have that lump of metal put on their swollen bits? (Above the belt, get your minds out of the gutter!)

I thought it would have the same cooling effect (not that they use it for cooling of course) but it did sting me slightly.

I gave it to someone else to use for a while and they felt they had to drag it under the eye which kind of negates the purpose of a roll on.

I also used it when my eye area was more moisturised, it didn't hurt but I still feel it didn't really cool or add any moisture to my eye area.

When I apply an eye roll on I want it to be immediately cooling...this doesn't have the same cooling "zing" that you get with Garnier.  I kept it in the fridge and it was still lacking.

I think I'll stick to my Garnier roll on in the future, sorry Tesco!

1 comment:

  1. This is blatantly a copy cat of the garnier eye roll on...great review =D x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails