Tuesday 26 January 2010

Rhamnousia's Recession Raves: Clarity Blackhead Removing Nose Strips

This is the first in the series of blog posts which I hope will carry on all year, I thought now was the best time to start as money is usually tight after Xmas.  You can probably already guess that I started this post a lot earlier in the year than the date on which you're reading it as by now, Christmas is well gone and there have been sightings of Easter Eggs.

I woke up this morning and saw on the BBC News website that the recession was over although I personally think that we have a long way to go before we are as stable as we were before and that this news, albeit is good, is nothing to get too excited about.

Anyway, the basic premis of my recession raves are products which are purse friendly and which work better than their more expensive counterparts.

My recession rave for today is... 

 Superdrug's Clarity Blackhead Removing Nose Strips.

I've been around the world with nose pore strips, trying the most expensive to the cheapest.

The costliest I have ever used were the Biore Ultra Cleansing Pore Strips which came in at a whopping £7.99.  You get 6 in a box and this works out to be £1.34 per strip which is pretty pricey considering you only use it for all of 10 minutes and that you are supposed to use one a week.  They did nothing.

The cheapest I have used are the Clarity Blackhead Removing Nose Strips from Superdrug.  These retail at £3.42 but are currently on offer at £1.49.  You get 5 in a packet and so each one costs you 29p.  That's more acceptable if you ask me.

I didn't hold out much hope for these as recently it seemed as if nose pore strips would never work on me.  I whacked it on my nose after making sure it was wet (the usual palava) and waited 10 minutes.

Take it off and voila, it's actually picked up all the dirt I had on my nose.

You know when you look at the strip and are having mutual feelings of disgust and pleasure? I had that feeling with these babies and was pretty chuffed by how well they had worked.

I'm going to be stocking up on these as they are, in a word, GREAT.

This concludes my first recession rave, my next one is an alternative to Phillip Kingsley's Elasticizer

6 comments:

  1. Oh great, I'm so glad these worked for you! I already love the Blot papers from the Clarity range so I'll be sure to check these out. Thanks for the heads up on that offer too :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had the blot papers today and I have used them before (They're down to about 40p now!) but for some reason I didn't think to pick them up.

    These strips are strong buggers but that's good because they really clean your nose.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to pick some of these up tomorrow :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i may have to go try this now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, i'm going to have to get some of these. I know exactly what you mean, i love looking at the digusting stuff that comes out of my pores XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectionishuman: I was meant to get more today but I totally forgot..

    Hum: The cheapo ones used to work before but then they stopped and Biore worked (all of one time) but I've never had such a good result as I've had with these!

    Inner Belle: You should try them ASAP, they're on offer so you only lose a quid or so.

    Lillian: Yay! We can be gross together. I was super chuffed because my nose has never been that clean before. Also, re. the Illamasqua shadows, I'm going to email you this evening (well, a bit later on this evening!)

    Thanks for your comments ladies

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails