Sunday 6 September 2009

Review: L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in shade 240: Dune

Yinka bought this and recommended that it would work for all WOC's so me being the sensible person I am rushed out and bought it on ebay, I got it for about £4 all in. For some reason I keep calling it Nude even though it's called Dune.

It arrived and I was a bit disappointed as I thought this colour would never suit my lips. I think I've got a bit of "see what you want rather than what is there" approach to my lips. I need to accept they're not pinky and they are more browny in colour and dress them accordingly. Anway, I digress...

I put the lipstick on and it smelt nice, smelt like something I had before but I couldn't remember what until today. It smells like a lipstick that Bourjois made about 8 years ago (I got it as a freebie in a mag I had to buy for Media Studies A Level). It looked really obvious and I was thinking it would never look decent on my lips.

So, here we go..

The lipstick:

The actual stick:
I had to take the photo with flash on to get the actual colour out, this is how it looks IRL. I'm having a mental block and can't think what colour that is but it is specked with glittery bits. Don't let that put you off as it's not OTT glitter, quite subtle...more like shimmer.

Swatched (daylight and no flash):

Swatched (flash):
On the lips (without flash):
On the lips (with flash):
Pardon the upper lip, I need to get it threaded *embarassed*.


Repurchase?
My general feelings about this lipstick are thus:
  • It lasts a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time, I ate quite a bit and it was still on
  • The colour IRL makes my lips look like my lips but better
  • It goes on really soft and creamy and doesn't dry your lips out
  • In photos it makes your lips look really uniform and in "proper" pics (i.e. at a distance and of your whole face) it makes your lips look really natural
  • It's well worth the money
  • I would deffo repurchase this, in fact I think I may have to, I took these photos during the week and it's been used every day and I can see it getting smaller day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails