Wednesday 29 July 2009

FOTD 1

This is a semi FOTD I did the other week, it's not really a full FOTD, it's more like an EOTD and LOTD but such is life.

Any CC is welcome, you know I need the help!

Products I used:



Makeup:

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Bobbi Brown Basics Eye Palette, I used Heather Mauve which is the third shade along from the left

Maybelline The Colossal Mascara

Diamond Kajal

Rimmel Vinyl Lip in Velocity

Tools:

Ruby and Millie Eyeshadow Brush (not pictured but can be found here )

Bobbi Brown Mini Gel Liner Brush

I had had mediocre success with the gel liner in the past, I had finally figured out how to get a straight-ish line going on but could never ever get the flick right on both eyes, on one eye I would get the flick and on the other it would be a thick line just being dragged. I tried to use this kinda brush but it didn't really work out (although I've only used it once so may try again). Anyway, I'm rambling, this day I decided to give my BB brush another bash and I got the exact line I wanted so it turned into a FOTD and here's me showing off my basic skill:

Eye eye captain:



I'm quite impressed with how I managed to get it looking so smooth, usually it's really bumpy and you can tell where I've stopped and started. I've got all my eye products on in all these photos. The Heather Shimmer looks pretty light on my lids compared to how it looks in the pan which is why I was surprised that my every day shade looked so unusual.

Eyes wide shut:


With flash:

Both eyes:


Lip service:

Any tips for improvement, readers?

5 comments:

  1. I love the colours you've used. And your eyelashes are just beautiful.

    Have you tried using an eye primer before? Like Urban decay Primer potion or even just a bit of foundation on your eyelid before you put your eyeshadow on. It'll help stop your eyeshadow from creasing and in some cases help you draw the liner on easier. Doesn't slip as much.

    Colossal Mascara is really good. Makes your lashes look divine!I know loads of people that hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous neutrals! I just bought that mascara, I'm not sure if I like it yet lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah: Thank you so much :) I've since found another HG mascara, the Prestige My Biggest Lashes one. I do usually use UDPP but mine has dried out so I'm thinking to change to either Spackle or Shadow Insurance as getting UDPP out of the tube is too much effort.

    Em: Thank you :) I never ever thought that a colour like that could be a neutral for me. The mascara took a bit of getting used to for me, I'd sugget tilting your head back and sticking the wand right in the roots of you lash, if you tilt your head back you get nothing on your lids but thicker looking lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Haven't attempted them since though in case they aren't as good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments everyone! I do read each and every comment left and I try my best to answer any questions.

If you have a burning question and would like an in-depth/personal reply, feel free to email me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk or desigirldoesmakeup@hotmail.co.uk and I'll reply as soon as I can. You can also tweet me (@rhamnousia84) but you'll need to be following me if you want a reply via DM.

A quick note to any companies who come across my blog: Please do not use my comments section as a way to advertise your website. If you'd like to feature your site on my blog then please get in touch by emailing me at rhamnousia84@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails